Learning Format: Classroom
One of the skills necessary for every effective leader is the ability to effectively coach their employees. When a leader coaches their employees properly, they reinforce positive behaviors and correct negative behaviors. Some leaders, however, wait too long to address either behavior. High performers do not receive enough positive reinforcement and choose to leave the organization. Low performers continue their negative behaviors and stay in the organization. The resulting lack of performance impacts organizational results and can ultimately cause an organization’s demise.
This course helps managers understand and learn the basic knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to effectively coach employees. Participants will learn the reasons why we coach, proven techniques to proactively and reactively coach, the coaching process, how to use and create performance agreements, and how to use and apply the rule of three when coaching.
- Understand the importance of coaching to the organization.
- Learn and understand the coaching process.
- Understand the difference between proactive and reactive coaching.
- Know how and when to create performance agreements.
Learn and understand the interaction essentials when coaching.
- Plan and practice coaching situations.
- Learn and understand when and how to apply the rule of three when coaching.
- What is Coaching: Participants review the concept of coaching and its importance to the organization’s success.
- When to Coach: Participants learn the difference between proactive and reactive coaching and discuss when to coach.
- The Coaching Process: Participants focus on the continuous coaching process: Identify Need, Coach, and Provide Support.
- Coaching Practice: Leaders create a plan for actual coaching situations to prepare for delivery in their workplace.
- Additional Coaching Guidelines: Leaders are introduced to the Rule of Three, used to determine the type of coaching they should do and where to proceed in the future.
- Summary/Review: Leaders review lessons learned and determine future actions.
- Target Audience: All leaders.
- Course Length: Four Hours (Classroom) or two 2 Hour Sessions.
- Series: Suitable for all environments.
- Group Size: Nine to 25 people.
- Course Prep: No.
For More Information about this class and others:
Randy Will RG Will Solutions, LLC