Effective Communication Series
Learning Format: Classroom
Communication is a fundamentally important skill in any organization. Most organizations would also point out that effective communication is the biggest challenge they face on a day-to-day basis.
The Effective Supervisory Communication Series is designed to provide new and experienced leaders with the necessary skills to communicate productively in the workplace. Delivered in five separate sessions, the courses help supervisors by providing them with a framework to recognize their natural communication styles using the DiSC behavior assessment. The series builds off their initial understanding to provide them with the ability to recognize other’s behavior styles, reduce conflict, maximize their strengths and improve their overall culture.
Typically delivered in four hour segments over five separate weeks, this class combines classroom instruction with coaching on specific behaviors encountered during the classes duration. Numerous clients have reported that implementation of the concepts taught in the class have led to improved morale, less stress, less voluntary turnover, and improved employee relations.
Session 1 – DiSC Profiles: Understanding DiSC (4 Hours)
- Learn more about their personal styles through the DiSC framework.
- Appreciate the different ways in which their behavior can be interpreted by others.
- Get specific, safe feedback about their behavior from others.
- Identify interpersonal behaviors that they would like to change.
- Develop strategies to build more effective relationships.
Session 2 – Improving Communication (4 Hours)
- Get feedback to see the different ways that their behaviors are interpreted by their co-workers.
- Gain an empathic understanding for why their co-workers act the way they do.
- Recognize the types of communication that are effective and ineffective with each style.
- Develop specific communication strategies that build a culture of alliance and collaboration.
Session 3 – Managing Conflict and Resistance (4 Hours)
- Understand the impact that their conflict style has on other people.
- Recognize how their employees handle conflict differently than they do.
- Use DiSC to recognize the fears and goals of their employees.
- Identify and reduce the opposition and resistance of their employees.
- Explore ways to improve their communication with each style.
Session 4 – Maximizing Your Strengths as a Manager (4 Hours)
- Understand the strengths and challenges of their DiSC style.
- Recognize their conflict behavior and its effect on others.
- Appreciate all the different ways in which their behavior can be interpreted.
- Get feedback on their personal interaction style.
Session 5 – Managing Culture (4 Hours)
- Appreciate the diverse needs and preferences of each DiSC style.
- Understand how their styles contribute to their group’s culture.
- Discover the contributions of different styles in the culture.
- Target Audience: Professionals/Leaders.
- Series Length: 20 hours (Classroom).
- Series: Suitable for all environments.
- Group Size: Nine to 25 people.
- Prework: No.
For More Information about this class and others:
- Randy Will
RG Will Solutions, LLC